Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A trip to labor and delivery

NO I haven't had Laekan yet-but he is being a stinker! I have been doing my best to be on house rest and take it easy. Even with my parents over here working on my yard and to do list last weekend, I still didn't do much. Saturday I woke up feeling a bit strange and it kept getting worse throughout the day. I was having some serious back pain and contractions were starting later in the day. I couldn't get a good time on them, but I knew that the back pain could be back labor and I was getting worried. Mom and Dad left and we decided to go meet Di for some dinner right here close to home. I was having a hard time during dinner with the pain and discomfort...so after dinner we decided to just drop off Taegan with my parents and head up to the hospital to get it all checked out. I wanted to be sure he was still doing okay and see what they could do for my pain. After checking in and changing into a gown I gave a urine sample and it all went downhill from there. I had a bladder infection, was dehydrated, and it had glucose in it! So 3 pitchers of water later and another sample I still was showing a bladder infection, but they wanted to wait to give me meds until the culture came back on Monday. I was told to keep on rest, drink tons of water, and call the Dr. Monday. She called me out some meds yesterday and I am hoping they kick in soon. The back pains have lessened some, but not a ton and the contractions have slowed. I am still taking it easy as best I can and we will hope this helps some of the pain. I am so glad we went and I could get peace of mind that Laekan is doing okay and I am doing what is best for him!!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

praying lots and lots for you my friend!!!

Going Strong...


Priceless...