Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 2...

Well, we made it through Day 2 of Daddy being at school this time. To say I am exhausted really only touches the surface of it today. I am really starting to nest and I have more to do lists than I can even find! Yesterday, I got tons done and felt really good about all I had done. Today, we had Ayla with us all day and it was a MOPS day. I was super excited. Taegan and Ayla did great at MOPS and I enjoyed my time with the other girls. Really, that is about where the good part of the day ended!!!

We made it home and ate lunch and then it was supposed to be nap time for all of us. Let me tell you that getting 2 kiddos, me, and this prego belly ready and into MOPS was a challenge, let alone getting home:) I rocked Ayla to sleep and Taegan decided to take advantage of that by getting out of her bed and room 4 times. I was about to lose it. She has started getting very bad about this, and I'm not sure how to break it yet??? I think it will only get worse when Laekan gets here and I am a bit worried how to handle it. They both finally fell asleep-only for Ayla to wake an hour later and not be a happy girl. Poor thing was SOOO tired and she just wouldn't give in again today. She was just not digging anything but me holding her:) Which was fine with me, but I felt so helpless that I couldn't make it better for her. Taegan woke up after about an hour and a half and I knew the rest of the day/night was downhill from there!!! She requires over two hour nap and that was not happening.

Taegan ended up peeing her pants twice today, throwing HUGE fits, dumping a glass of water out of the bathtub all over the floor during her bath, and not eating dinner. To say I was at my wits end would be putting it lightly. I knew I had to have some intervention for us both or the night was going to take an even worse turn. We headed to my parents for a 30 minute break and so that I could fax some papers that I needed to. She was a pistol there and we left with her throwing another fit. We came straight home and I can say with great pride that she fell asleep within 10 minutes of being in there!!!! Now-if only I could have a drink:)

To say I miss Justin is an understatement. I LOVE my job of being home with Taegan and with Ayla, but I need that adult time when he gets home. It is hard when he is gone and I don't get that. Makes a huge difference in my attitude and evening. I take for granted just how much he means to me and it is days/weeks like this that wake me back up! I know it is just as hard for him to be away from us and I can't forget that either. Just 2 more days...we can make it!!!

While we were at mom and dads tonight she wanted her nails painted and then decided she was going to paint my moms toes and my nails...see for yourself how great she is:) I love that little girl-even when she gives me a run for my money!!!


I head to the Dr. tomorrow for my 30 week checkup-WOW only 10 weeks left. I will have an update tomorrow.

No comments:

Going Strong...


Priceless...