Wednesday, January 19, 2011

23 weeks and Dr. visit

How far along: 23 weeks
Size of baby: Laekan is the size of a large mango.
Weight gain: 12-13...not cool! I am sure I will get a lecture from the Dr. next week about slowing down. I have had a big jump this month!
Gender: Boy-Laekan Harper...and the sonogram today confirmed him for sure a BOY!!!
Movement: He is a dancer...holy cow this kid is all over the place!
Sleep: I am sleeping okay once I can get comfortable. The turning over part is becoming more of a challenge as well because I am having so much hip and back pain.
What I miss: Not being able to bend over as much as I would like-it is becoming uncomfortable.
Cravings: Not sure I am "craving" anything this week, but I can't get enough peanut butter. I am eating it like it is going out of style:)
Symptoms: Low back pain, low pelvic pressure, hips, and some sharp pains. Otherwise I doing just great!!! I am trying to rest more and take it easy because that is all they suggest for all these pains!!! Wish me luck on that!
The sonogram today went great!!! We got to see him again and confirm that YES he is a boy. He was moving all over the place and trying to suck his thumb...so cute! I am waiting on a confirmation from my doctor, but the tech said that the uterus and placenta were growing and moving and no longer a concern around the cervix! An answer to our prayers. She doesn't think I will have to go back for another one for that issue. We also found out that Laekan is breech and although he still has time to move we would like him to do it sooner rather than later!!! I won't worry about this because he has plenty of time to move:) So overall-a great day. It was a super one for my heart and soul to get great news and see him doing so great!!!

No comments:

Going Strong...


Priceless...