Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day!

My girl and I on Mother's Day!

What a great day we had together!!! We woke up and did breakfast with my parents and spent some time with my grandpa as well. It was nice and relaxing and very low key. We then went out and ran some errands, grabbed lunch, and by that time Taegan was fast asleep. She slept for 3 hours, which meant I got to take a nap!!! I laid around and read the paper and then fell asleep. Justin worked outside for a bit and then came inside to watch TV! Taegan woke up and we played and I got my gift....a Cricut Create!!!!!!!!!!! I was so stoked!! Amy and Kate came over to play with Taegan while Justin and I went to clean the salon and then out to dinner we went with them! All in all a great day to relax and do nothing.


To my mom:
Thank you for being such an amazing mom to me! We have had so much fun together and have shared so many memories. I hope that I am as good of mother to Taegan as you have been to me. I look up to you in so many ways and love calling you my mom! What a lucky girl I am to have you. Justin, Taegan, and I are so lucky to have you in our lives. I love you so much!!!!
To my mother-in-law, Becky:
Thank you for accepting me into your family as your own daughter! What a relief it is to have you there for me when I need you. You have been such a great example for Justin and I in our parenting. We are so glad we have you in our livesand especially in Taegan's life!!!! Thank you for all that you have done and will do for our family! I love you!


We did have a busy Saturday though-first thing in the morning we went out to my grandma's grave and a planted a yellow rose bush for her! I can't wait to see it bloom and look beautiful for her. We then headed straight to the circus and had a ball. Taegan loved dancing and clapping for all the people there! She stayed pretty good for about an hour and then we got some snacks for her to eat and she fell asleep about 15 minutes before it ended. Overall, she did much better than I thought she would. Saturday evening Justin and I went with his brother, sister-in-law and parents to a wedding reception in Kansas City. It was a lot of fun and we had a nice evening together!
This is Taegan helping Amy type her Science final last night!
Notice the cute piggies she gave her:)

3 comments:

Emily said...

ahh looks like a ton of fun:) Thanks for sharing:) cute cute pics!

Rachel Dominguez said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. Lucky You!

My Three Sons said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Was this circus in Kansas? I don't remember any down in KC.

Going Strong...


Priceless...