Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Birthday pictures and Doctor visit...

Here are pictures of her celebration with grandparents on Thursday and her big party of Friday...what a special girl!

Grabbing a drink...
Taking a look at a book.

Getting ready for the party to start-
showing off her balloon and outfit.

All the goodies!
The pig cupcake.
Kitchen from Grandma and Grandpa Ridgeway
Sporting her new sunglasses!
Showing off in her wagon from
Grandma Becky and Grandpa Greg.
I did not talk about the rest of her doctor visits and sickness last week because her birthday was much more special and we really didn't know anything. I took her last week to the doctor with her breathing for the lady to look at me and tell me I was crazy for bringing her in and that she was fine. It was all normal for her...UGH!!!!!! I was heated! So I went to Med-Assist that night to be given an antibiotic and told to start her on allergy medicine. A little relief because I knew something was wrong. I also knew that I had found a new doctor and was able to get her in to him this week! So we went yesterday and I walked out feeling like a new mom!!!!! What a wonderful guy he was. He actually got on the floor with her and played with her and interacted with her and told me right away that she has breathing troubles!!! He is treating her very aggressive right now because he felt like she was in a bad spot. With her history and my history he has a feeling she has asthma, but is going to wait and see if it will be a continous disease or just come and go-which would be more like bronchilitis! So right now we are being proactive with it. We had to buy a nebuelizer, 250.00 in medicines, and she had blood drawn on top of her 3 shots! Boy, she was super fussy last night. I felt like he listened to everything I had a concern with and really cared about it. I was soooo glad we went to him! Here are some pictures of her doing her breathing treatments last night. She did great with them-the TV is what keeps her attention during it!
She is laughing at Daddy here!
Pointing at the TV.

3 comments:

Jamie B said...

Hailey has been on breathing treatments since she was 4 months old. I feel your pain!! They help so much!!! It is also nice to have the meds and machine at home and once you get the hang of everything you can tell when she is need of one! We saw an allergist for a second opinion...waste of time and money!! There isn't much an allergist can do until she's 3...that's when they can do an asthma test. Glad to hear you are doing better now!! :)

Boeckman mommy said...

Wow, doesn't it make all the difference in the world when your dr cares. Our PPC is great. Sydnie, as you know, has asthma. Hers only gives her trouble when she is coming down with an upper resp. inf. She has little trouble running, playing, laughing, etc.

We saw 3 diff. asthma and allergy drs in Topeka and ended up at CMH. They have the greatest knowledge of the pediatric patients and their need. I just didn't feel comfortable with the others. So now she is very well controlled. But boy do I hear you about the price of the allergy and asthma meds. Sydnies Flovent inhaler is about 125, and Dylans Naosnex, outrageous for that little bottle that last a couple weeks. At least Zyrtec went otc, and he can swallow pills now. Before his was 50 every 12 days. It really is expensive.

She looks so cute doing her treatments, and like such a big girl. When she gets a little older, you might get a coupling, and put two tubes together, then she can play and run around while she is doing the treatments, that is what we had to do for Syd. Good Luck and way to stick with you instincts. Mothers DO know best when it comes to their childre.
((HUGS))
Amy

Rachel Dominguez said...

My Jackson has Asthma and it sucks, but I believe he is beginning to outgrow it.

PS...I love her "girly girl" outfit

Going Strong...


Priceless...