Thursday, January 22, 2009

A little discouraged...

Well, today was weigh in day! Not a good day at all. Justin of course steps on first and drops two pounds...I cheer and congratulate him! I was so happy for him because he has worked so hard and it is paying off for him! I step on and the opposite happens I gain back two!! What a tough day right now...I feel like I have given up so much and have been working so hard that I don't understand why I gained 2 of the 4 back I have lost. Justin has now lost 9 total and I am sitting at 2!! This is hard. I am eating SOOOO much better and exercising(which I was not doing) so what is going on? It is like if I look at food I gain weight-this is hard. Doesn't help that I am just in a funk and this adds to it. I am not giving up at all, but it sure makes it real hard when Justin and I are working together doing the same stuff and it falls off of him and goes back on me.

I will leave you with something a little more uplifting:)

2 comments:

My Three Sons said...

Okay, stay calm!!! When I had a personal trainer, he told me that if I wanted to lose 25 pounds it would take 25 weeks. If you are working out everyday, you are also toning and building your muscle which will weigh more than the fat. I didn't understand it but 4 weeks later I ended up losing 6 pounds but lost tons in inches. He said if you look at inches, you will feel so much better about the results. So what your doing is great. Also, men ALWAYS lose weight quicker......sigh......

Boeckman mommy said...

Hang in there. I also gained before I lost. And my husband just lost, lost, lost. Also for women I am pretty sure it depends on where you are in your cycle when you weigh. And it could be water weight. We have a scale that is a Weight watchers scale. It actually will tell you your water weight, bone mass weight, and some others, so don't be discouraged. Just hang in there. If it makes you feel better, I am back up also. Now needing to lose 11 instead of 8.

Going Strong...


Priceless...