Monday, January 26, 2009

A little better...and GREAT news!

Thank you for all the support and kind words, emails, and phone calls last week. I am not really sure why I had such a breakdown, but I think I am back at it again and ready to tackle this hurdle in front of me. Justin and I were so lucky this weekend to have a short getaway together. On Friday night we decided to head to Kansas City for dinner and a night together in a hotel. Lucky for us, my mom was more than willing to watch Taegan. We had a lot of fun, ate dinner at Jack Stack, drove around for a bit, got some cocktails for the hotel room and settled in for a night of relaxing. Woke up the next morning and did some shopping and headed home to get our little girl. It was a much needed break for us and we were so glad to have those hours to ourselves. I must say that I did not do too bad with the eating, but I know that this week will not be that great either-but I know why this week. We spent some time yesterday doing the Wii and I have somehow pulled/pinched a muscle in my calf so that has made walking interesting!

Now for the GREAT news part-it is official that I get to be a stay at home mom next year!!! I told my staff on Friday and turned in my letter this morning!!!! I am beyond excited and can't wait to be able to share all that time with Taegan. I am lucky though because I will still be able to sub two days a week. My mom will take her one day and his mom will take her another day. So really I get the best of both worlds. I am so looking forward to this chance.

I will leave you with a few photos from the past week-
First time sitting like a big girl in a cart-she LOVES it.
This is her baby doll that she can't go anywhere without...
She found a new place to play!
Her new "Ariel Car" that sings...she loves dancing with it!

3 comments:

Boeckman mommy said...

Isn't it nice to get away? Michael and I just went out for dinner by ourselves on Friday. We were only gone about an hour and a half maybe two tops. And it felt great. His mom and dad came in and watched the kids. I think it may have been the first time of leaving Xavier. Not for sure. Can't remember leaving him otherwise. Anyway, great news about you getting to stay home. It is the best, yet the hardest job in the world.

My Three Sons said...

I'm so glad that you got to get away for the weekend. I'm jealous. :-)

As far as staying at home that is really nice. Even though we are homebound (which I broke all the rules this weekend) I still enjoy spending a lot of time with Carson and watching all of his milestones.

Rachel Dominguez said...

I am sorry I havent been here lately...I guess I missed your breakdown :), but I am here now.

I will give you a small amount of advise where the dieting is concerned. DRINK A TON OF WATER!!!! You would not believe the difference it makes to take the weight off. Treat yourself to one other drink a day, if you must and then drink water, water, water...even if you arent thirsty, drink it anyway. I am losing most of my weight from that.

The weight gain back, might be some muscle...when you start working out, muscle weighs more than fat and you might be losing the weight, but the muscle is there. You know what i'm saying, so you may start seeing physical results, just not so much scale results.
Dont get down about it. I go through the same thing here and there and Melana is 18mo old and I still havent got all mine off.

PS....LUCKY YOU!!!! Stay at home mom!

Going Strong...


Priceless...