Monday, September 28, 2009

I would like to say that we had a great weekend and it was all fun and games, but that is not the story for the Ross family this past weekend. Really it was just me-but it impacted Justin and Taegan too!!! I had been having some lower back pain starting last Wednesday and I contributed it to being "that time of the month" until Friday. WOW-I woke up and could barely move let alone get Taegan out of her bed. I thought I was going to cry all day long. I had to work on Friday afternoon so I put a hot pad thing on my back(thanks Mom) and headed into work. Good thing it was only a half a day and I was subbing for PE which had another teacher for it as well or I would have never made it. I tried to get into my chiropractor but he was closed. So first thing Saturday morning I called and got it.

That's when the fun begins...after laying on the table for 20-25 minutes and him being ever so gentle yet not at the same time, I was leaving the chiropractor. That was after the 10 minutes it took me to hobble to the car and cry all the way home as I drove myself. The pain was very strong. He advised me to go home and sit...and not attend the K-State game! What a downer that was. This left me at home alone with Taegan and I can't bend over or look down for the life of me!!! Becky(MIL) gave me some muscle relaxers and told me to only take half while I was home with Taegan alone. It was a quick rest of the morning and I ate lunch and put Taegan down. I took a pill and we both slept for 3 hours!! That was a blessing. I woke up still unable to pretty much move and had to lay on the floor while Taegan played. What a bad mom.

I ended up taking a full pill Saturday night once Justin got home and that was a HUGE mistake. I felt like I was a walking zombie until Sunday at about 4 in the afternoon. I was really just a waste of space all Sunday and did nothing-thank goodness Justin stepped up and helped out!

Now I have a busy, busy week ahead. Tomorrow is MOPS from 9-11, a special dinner at 5:30, Wednesday I need to get back to the doctor, clean the car, pack for 3 people for 5 days, clean the house, attend Kate's volleyball game, clean the salon, oh yeah and do laundry in there somewhere. We are leaving on a jet plane Thursday-which I am trying not to be nervous about with a 17 month old!!!

Today Taegan is 17 months old...what a special little girl she is!!! She is talking up a storm and showing more and more personality everyday. We are so lucky. For now I am off to make a to do list for the next three days! Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Kat said...

I really hope your back gets better soon, I can't even think what could have triggered something this bad. Take care of yourself, and get to packing! Have a safe trip!

Going Strong...


Priceless...