Monday, March 30, 2009

Really...that is it?

I really can't believe how WELL this weekend went with the milk and sippy cup. It seems like we did not even make that much of a change, but yet it was a huge change. She is a pro at the cup so she continued to be a pro with that. She did not even seem like she missed the bottle. She is getting one bottle after bath at night, but even with that she is not seeming like she can't make it without it. The one problem we did run into was that she did NOT like the taste of the milk at all. She would take a drink, kind of gag, and then throw the cup. When I say throw, I mean she gave it a heave and across the kitchen it went. I tried to put the milk in a regular cup and hold it so she could drink it-same thing. Milk in the bottle and she was not having it. We stood our ground and were firm. We did give her water-which she drank just great out of the cup-so she would stay hydrated! On Friday and Saturday she had a total of 5 ounces of milk and that was being very generous with my amount. She was just not having it at all. She was eating like a pig-now big kid food from the table!!!!

Sunday rolled around and at breakfast she would not even look at the cup at all. She ate breakfast great, and had some water but NO milk. We were getting desperate here because she needs these vitamins. So we were out running errands and saw some Strawberry Milk. We compared the labels with that and the whole milk and the only thing different was the sugar-but not enough for us to be concerned. We bought a small thing of it and thought we would try it at lunch. We also bought some strawberry syrup so we could use that with the regular milk. When it was time for lunch I had to give her a drink of it out of the regular cup and then she was ALL about it. Could not get enough of it. I ended up giving her some for snack after her nap too, but I mixed some strawberry milk and some regular milk and had to refill it!! She drank a bunch at dinner too and some before bed. All in all, she ended up having about 12-13 ounces of milk yesterday!!!! What a success.

Even with all this change she has not skipped a beat. She has taken great naps and slept awesome at night!!! I really feel like this has been a success and that I will look back on this in a month and laugh that I was so worked up over it. I may also cry because my little girl is growing up WAYYY too fast!

No comments:

Going Strong...


Priceless...