Monday, June 27, 2011

Here's to a new US!!!

As most of you know I am a teacher-and will always be a teacher in my heart. This also comes with an organization trait and a bit of OCD. So last week I decided that today was the DAY!! The day where I become a better mommy, a better me, a healthier me, and a better wife. I printed off 3 calendars: 1 for Taegan lesson plans everyday, 1 for my workout schedule, and 1 for a monthly menu!! I am determined to be all around better for my family. I hate the way I look(yes I know he is ony 7 weeks old) and I hate that I eat SOO bad. Justin and I purchased new running shoes with the Nike+ chip in them. We are competing to see who can walk/run more miles in a month! I am also going to add the 30 day Shred to my workout routine. I have started searching the internet for healthy dinner recipes for the family that way we can all eat better. Justin and I are counting calories and using an app on our phones to keep track. I am so glad we are doing the dieting/getting fit thing together. It will make it easier for us both because we have formed some very bad eating habits.

As far as Taegan goes-I plan to spend at least 30 minutes every week day with her working on preschool skills. I have tons of resources and supplies here at home that I can use. She is at the age where she is starting to learn so many things that I want to keep building on those and make her a better person. I plan to do this during Laekan's morning naps and if that doesn't work out we will do it later in the evening when Justin gets home so he can take care of Laekan. Today we started with patterning. I have found some great games/activities at Lakeshore Stores to use with her. This is her hard at work this morning...


Telling me the shapes and colors of the pattern...
Picking out the gem that matched the picture...

Completing the pattern and getting them all right!!!!


I plan to do my walk tonight after Justin gets home from work. I am going to start with walking and slowly add in running. So far today, I will be meeting two of my goals...the eating is going to take LOTS of dedication and work. I just have to keep my eye on the prize-which is getting healthy for my kids...they deserve the best me they can get!!!!

Cool dude in his tie and new glasses:)

Oh melt my heart...


1 comment:

Jamie B said...

Go Angie!! So proud of you girl!! It won't be easy but it'll be worth it!
After reading your blog update just now, I read another blog update and it fit so well with yours. Check it out, I thought it would be good motivation for you!
http://mcrockett3.blogspot.com/

Miss ya! :)

Going Strong...


Priceless...