Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

This year we did Thanksgiving on Wednesday night with my parents and one of her sisters. They have two kids Megan and Ryan who are in high school and college and I loved hanging out with them. It was so fun to have a relaxed night and enjoy each other's company. We miss Megan as she is away at college-but I can't believe this is her last year:( On Thanksgiving we went to my Grandpa's house and had lunch with him and one of his lady friends! She was super nice and we had a yummy lunch. However, we found out that day as well that my cousin that is mentally handicapped wasn't going to make it much longer. She had been fighting an infection and on the way to the hospital to do more tests she had a seizure and by the time her driver saw her she was purple. They got her immediate help, but it was too late she was determined brain dead. This was a huge blow to our family. Dad and Grandpa left Thanksgiving afternoon to head to Manhattan to see her and she passed away Friday morning. She has left a hole in our family and we will miss her terribly. I am so excited for her though as she is now running, singing, talking, playing, and doing all the things she was never able to do here. She also is getting to play and hang out with Grandma-which is super cool!!! I am so glad Grandma was there to greet her.

I have a Dr. appointment on Wednesday and can't wait to hear that precious heartbeat. For some reason I have been having anxiety over this baby and I need some reassurance right now. I will be back Thursday with an update.

No comments:

Going Strong...


Priceless...