Thursday, April 30, 2009

Birthday celebration part 1...

Since the BIG girl is ONE we are having 3, yes 3, parties to honor her!!! The first one we celebrated on her actual birthday, which was Tuesday! It was Justin, Taegan, and I that got to do that party and it was very special. We were so excited to be able to share that day with her and remember back to one year ago today and everything that was happening. Lots of memories flooded me that day and I did much better than I thought I would. I was wondering if I would get upset, because the day she was born was nothing like I had envisioned. Not being able to see her for 24 hours and knowing that she was sick was not what was in my vision. So I was a little worried that I might be weepy that day. I was NOT:) I had a field trip with my class and then Jeanette brought Taegan to school for the afternoon to have a party at school with me and hang out. That was WAY fun. My kids had a ball with her and she ate up the attention.

When we got home we let her play while I made dinner and Justin mowed the lawn since it was going to be the only day it didn't rain! She was a busy bee playing. I made mostacciolli for dinner with corn and rolls. She ate it all up and was ready for presents. We gave her our presents and then did the cake!!! WOW-she was a mess, but it was so much fun. I can't believe how funny she was and how much she loved being a mess. It was perfect.

Her next party is tonight with the grandparents-we thought they should have their own night because at the BIG party on Friday there won't be much time for much of anything:) So, they are coming over tonight for presents and brownies!!!

Enjoy the princess!

The yummy dinner.
Time to dig in...
Sitting nicely opening her presents
Hanging out with what she got
The cute pink and brown cake!!!!
Not real sure about it yet,
what is this all over my hands?
Do you want some, Daddy?
The hands...
Taking a break to itch her nose, GROSS!
ALL DONE!!!!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Thank you so much for stopping by blog and for all the baby advice!! Thank you soo much! It was sooo helpful!
Taegen is darling! What a stinking lil cutie!!! Soo glad you stopped by my blog so I can come back to yours often:) Thanks again for the registry advice:) u rock my friend!

Boeckman mommy said...

Oh how precious!! These are the days you cherish for the rest of your life. What a cutie!

Going Strong...


Priceless...