Monday, April 6, 2009

Busy weekend and lots of fun...

We had a fun weekend. Friday night started with a reorganization of our patio and it has now become our new Taeganisum!!! She got a brand new sandbox from Di, a new swing from Grandma and Grandpa, and we moved her Kangroo climber out there on a mat for her to crawl around on. Needless to say she was entertained for quite a while out there while we cleaned and worked around her! Saturday morning started off with a bang when we got things delivered from Lowes and began working in the yard. We remulched everything, put down some gravel in an area, raked leaves, mowed, and began work on the rock wall for the swing set area! It was a beautiful day that we needed to help us get work done! Sunday we spent the morning with Justin's mom and dad and then celebrated Easter with my mom's side of the family! Taegan had her first Easter egg hunt and she did great. Another first for the weekend was that we turned Taegan's car seat around and she is loving it. She is always jabbering now and wants to be in the middle of all the action! What a big girl she is getting to be. We are planning her party which will be here in 3 weeks!!! Where did this first year go??? I will leave you with some pictures from the weekend!

Checking out what was in the eggs.
Putting her egg she found in the basket.

Getting ready to go on the hunt!

All dressed up and pretty!!!
Sitting in her new chair from Di!
Talking away to us!
Having a blast in the sand.
Clapping because she is happy.

3 comments:

Rachel Dominguez said...

She is so stinkin cute and I must say has some beautiful blue eyes. I just love blue eyed kids. All four of mine have the best blue eyes too, compliments of thier mama. Both Daddy's have brown.

She is certainly growing up quickly, as it seems they all do now. I still am in shock that my baby girl is almost 2yrs old. My 14yr old son and I were just talking about that over the weekend about how fast time flies with little babies. One day they are itty bitty and breast feeding and the next minute they are walking and talking and transitioning to sippy cups. It is simply amazing and sad at the same time. I miss the infant in my kids.

Anyway...sounds like you got alot done. Good for you. I have a ton to be doing at my house and cant seem to get the motivation to start it. I made my "things to do list" but that is as far as I have gotten.

Have a good week

Rachel Dominguez said...

Hey...yes we went to the one in Kansas City by Dave N Busters. I live in Lee's Summit.

Rachel Dominguez said...

PS>... Sippy cup trainging NOT GOING WELL....NOT FUN AT ALL. We are still sticking to it and she IS getting a bottle before going to bed, but none during the day. She is still crying all day everyday for her bottle though and is not drinking much at all cuz she is refusing the cups most times. God be with us on this long long journey.

Going Strong...


Priceless...