Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A mess

Well, our house is still a disaster from taking out the decorations on Sunday! We have not had a chance to finish putting them up yet. The goal is to do it tonight and tomorrow night with hopes of taking Taegan to visit Santa on Friday night. We leave on Saturday after lunch to go to Grandma K's in Kanapolis!!! So we have no choice but to get it done soon. We are racing against time right now. I love the holiday season-but not if my house continues to look like this. I can't even walk through the basement of living room. What a mess.

On another note-Taegan had an accident Monday night. I was a cleaning fool and was in our bedroom cleaning. She was taking her bedtime bottle and was laying on the bed-can you see where this is going???? You guessed it, she finished her bottle and started rolling around to see me. I was watching her and we were talking and I bent down to pick up something and she rolled off the other side....how SCARY was that?? She was fine, but I was a mess that I let her do that. I mean really it was 10 seconds. No more laying on the bed unattended.

Happy Wednesday.

2 comments:

Boeckman mommy said...

Oh, I so know what you mean. I have my trees up, but don't have the big one decorated yet. And I don't have any of the other deocr up. I am just procrastinating because I know my house will be a disaster when I drag it all out. I am going to get it done before this weekend.
I am just catching up on your blog so, I am glad to hear you are feeling better. That really stinks when you feel so horrible. But hopefully Taegan won't get it.
And the falling off the bed thing. It can happen so fast. I know as mothers we feel so terrible and that we did our little ones wrong, but it happens. And believe me it is a big deal with the first one. A little easier with the second. You see where I am headed. By the 4th one, you just wait to see if they cry, if not you just let it go. Not that I plan to just let Xavier roll off the bed, but you see what I mean. haha.

Rachel Dominguez said...

I feel your pain! I was home with the flu when Melana was around 3 1/2 months old. My mom came over to help me with her and my boys cuz they had the flu too. One of my boys got sick on thier bed, and Melana was not yet rolling much, so i left her on my bed and ran to check on my son. One second later.....THUMP! Talk about having a heart attack. We did take her in, but she was so little and I had to be safe. She was fine. Lesson learned (even after having 3 sons before her, this never happened to me before) nor will it ever again!

Glad Taegan is ok!

Going Strong...


Priceless...