Monday, August 17, 2009

Family Reunion in Colorado...

We had so much fun!! We headed out Friday morning at 10 and made the long(9 hour) trek to Loveland, CO. I can't believe this, but we made it in 2 stops with a 15 month old. She did so great. Once there we got to meet some of the family, did dinner and then off to bed for the night to prepare for the reunion the next day!!! That night was TERRIBLE! Taegan fell asleep at 10, woke up at 10:30, slept in the bed with me from 11-3 but it was awful sleep, woke up at 3 and was awake until Justin woke up at 4:15, we decided to go drive around at 4:30, and she was asleep by 5. So we slept from 5-8 and then it was up for the day!! Yikes, not how I envisioned the night.

We arrived at Estes Park and the lodge to get checked in and the fun started. Everyone got there around 3 or 4 and from there on out it was a time for everyone to talk, laugh, and just relax. That is how we spent the next 4 days. What a ball we had. One day we went down to town to do a brewery tour and then back up to our hideaway in the mountains.

I had never been to the mountains, so this was quite an experience. I couldn't believe how beautiful they were and how BIG they are. We climbed one of them the second morning we were there and I really thought that one of my lungs was going to collapse. I have asthma, and WOW was I hurting as I climbed higher with little air. I made it to the top though and what an accomplishment that was. I was glad I did it...very pretty up there!! I will leave you with the rest of the trip in pictures instead of words.

The start of the trip she is watching Tigger and relaxing.
We are excited to be heading out on our vacation!

My very first view of the mountains-I LOVED it.
This is our view from our lodge.
The Ross group that made the climb to the top.
Us at the top of the mountain after I caught my breath.
Taegan trying to get in on the basketball action one day.
Eating some snacks, having a drink, and watching the boys play.
She loved the horses at the Budweiser tour.
Sporting Grandma's sunglasses!
This is the mountain we climbed.
A picture of the river that went all the way down the mountain going out of town.
My last view of the mountains heading home.

No comments:

Going Strong...


Priceless...