Monday, November 30, 2009

Christmas part 1...

On Saturday we headed out West for Kanopolis, Kansas!!! Justin had left earlier in the morning to go with his parents to watch his cousin Ty coach his high school team in the state championship, so Taegan and I made the journey alone to Grandmas. We would be meeting Justin and his parents there. I let her take a nap and then we got up and around and ready to go. The drive went very well and Taegan did awesome until about the last 10 minutes of the 2 hour drive. All in all I was proud of our journey! Once we got there she was very shy around everyone and it took a bit for her to warm up to people. Once she did-she was her usual fun happy self. I decided to bring along her bag of blocks for her to have something to play with and that was the first thing she did with her cousin Brekkyn-

Once everyone got there and we all said our hellos we decided to eat dinner(it was 7 o'clock!) and then we made a decision to do the presents Saturday night instead of Sunday morning so we wouldn't be so rushed. This turned out to be a great idea because Sunday we just all relaxed, got brunch ready, talked some more and then headed home. So here are a few pictures of Taegan opening her first presents for Christmas this year:
Opening her "melmo" doll!!!!

Showing Grandma how to put his pacifier in.
Opening her pig pillow pal(that she LOVES).
Laying next to Brekkyn with their pillow pals and Elmo.
It was a great weekend, one that I look forward to every year. I love the way his family hangs out and relaxes and just loves being together. It was so fun to watch Taegan actually play this year with Brekkyn, who is one year older than her, and look forward to what they will get into next year.
We leave in 10 days for Disney World and I absolutely can't wait to go!!!!! This is my Mom, Dad, and I's favorite vacation together of all time-and now we get to take Taegan! What a fun trip it will be for the 5 of us. Justin and I were just talking last night about how Taegan will just be in awe of everything. Counting down...have a good start to your week!




2 comments:

My Three Sons said...

It looks like a really great time. Most of my family lives within 10 minutes of us so we really have to wait til X-mas for our presents.

I can tell in your arms that you have really lost weight. You are doing awesome! I just need someone to pick me up and push me to lose 25 lbs.

Enjoyed the pictures.

Unknown said...

I agree, you are doing great! Keep it up hot stuff!

Going Strong...


Priceless...