Thursday, February 5, 2009

A success...

Today was weigh in...drum roll please-I lost 2.5 pounds and Justin lost .5 pounds! What a week-I feel real good about that. We have added Weight Watchers to our diet. This means we each have a certain amount of "points" we can have each day and each food has a certain point. We started that Tuesday, but so far so good. I was not sure Justin would buy into that with me, but he really has. We have a notepad in the kitchen that we are writing everything we put into our mouths and the points. It is much harder to put something into your mouth if you know you have to write it down and look at it!!! I am very proud of us for continuing with this diet. Justin seemed a little down this morning that his week was not better, but I gave him a pep talk:) Now we need to add the Weight Watchers with the Wii and it should be an awesome duo!! Can't wait to let you know next week how it is all going.

As far as Taegan and the sippy cup saga-it continues full force! Yesterday at lunch she decided to take all 6 ounces out of it and 2 ounces at dinner. This is quite a slow process, but we will stick with it. We will follow her lead, I just hope she knows that once she is a year old she WILL NOT have a bottle. If she doesn't like that she will be pretty hungry:)!!!

3 comments:

Boeckman mommy said...

Great Job on the weight loss. I wish I was as disciplined as you. I am back up a few pounds. Have stopped nursing Xavier also and that seems to have put a halt to my weight loss as well. I need a good buddy to lose with me to keep me on task. I think Michael and I will have to team up.

Taegan will just keep moving at her own pace. Once she really gets the hang of the sippy, she will forget all about that bottle. It is just hard to make them do something. Believe me I know. We are trying to teach Xavier self calming techniques. He will cry and cry and it is hard for me not to go in and pick him up. I give him about 10 minutes and if he is still crying I give in.

My Three Sons said...

WOW, 2.5lbs!!! Great job! I can't wait til next week.

Taegan sounds like she is doing just fine on the sippy cup. Remember, most kiddos don't even entertain the idea until around one so if she gets the hang of it before that, she is doing well!

Rachel Dominguez said...

Great Job!!! You should be so proud of yourself! I am!

Going Strong...


Priceless...