Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A little bit of everything...

I am sorry I have been missing for a little bit, things have been crazy busy! I have parent teacher conferences this week and we just had our Valentine Day at school yesterday. So needless to say I have been stretched to the max lately. Not to mention my back is killing me and I have no idea what I did to it. I am uncomfortable even when I am sitting and Aleve is not even touching the pain. I am looking forward to having Friday off after having to be at school until 8 the next two nights!!! On the bright side-this is my last set of conferences for a while!!! That is something to look forward to right now.

Taegan had her 9 month doctor visit on Friday and did great. No shots, so it was very uneventful. She weighs 20 pounds 4 ounces and is 28 and a half inches long. She is in the 75th percentile for both weight and height so is doing great. She also told us we were doing great working with the sippy cup and to keep it up. She did tell me it would be okay that once she was 12 to just cut the bottle cold turkey-I am just not sure I am ready for that at nighttime! We will see how it all goes. I can't believe that the next time we go back in she will already be a year old. WOW! Where did it go? The doctor also told us to continue to introduce lots of different table foods that are soft that she can get down. So far-pasta seems to be a huge hit for Taegan! Must be like her mom on that one!

About two weeks ago we went to the zoo for the first time and she loved it. We got a zoo pass for Christmas and I really think it will be a blessing to have that this summer. She could have sat there for hours just watching the hippos and the giraffes. She was just in awe of them. I can't wait until she is more mobile and will love it even more. I will leave you with some fun pictures of the last couple of weeks!!! Enjoy your Wednesday-the week is half over!

This is my pretty valentine princess this morning getting up
close and personal with the camera.
Here is the look Taegan gives a lot when I get the
camera out-she is really laughing.
Daddy and Taegan having a special
moment together...so precious.
Mom reading the paper and Taegan snoozing away.
Big girl at her 9 month visit, she can't
get enough of that "FUN" paper.
Living the easy life in the stroller loving the zoo.
Taegan and Daddy right before heading into the zoo.

3 comments:

My Three Sons said...

She is getting big. That is great that she is doing so well. Carson will be three in April and he is only 25-26 pounds. He is in the 7%.

I think that is great about her taking the sippy cup. I didn't take Carson off the bottle until almost 14 months. He was on the sippy in the day and bottle only at night. He finally decided he didn't need the bottle anymore and now they are history.

Hope your back gets to feeiing better. Do you think you did it while exercising? You might try a heating pad to see if you can loosen up your muscles.

Take care and Happy Wednesday.

Rachel Dominguez said...

You and Kaci both make me sick with the sippy cups...like I said before, Melana will be going into kindergarten with one if she doesn't get de-attached soon. She is going on 19mo and it is not happening.

Rachel Dominguez said...

One more thing I meant to say...Teagan is just gorgeous. Love the valentine pic on top!

Going Strong...


Priceless...