Thursday, April 12, 2012

Day 2 of being a big boy...

Laekan is being such a BIG boy about this bottle situation...oh wait-there is NO bottle. Yes-you read that right. Yesterday was an earth shattering day. He woke up from his afternoon nap and decided that the sippy was okay and he just went with it! I had a visit and he was home with Justin, and he had to refill the cup!!! That is huge and he didn't throw a fit about it at all. There were times when he was crying and I think that is just trying to adjust to the change, but he did great. We had planned on giving him his bottle before bed, but he was doing so well with the sippy that we just kept with that. He drank over 10 ounces yesterday of milk, plus water and some juice/water mix. His naps were the same and he slept all night like normal!

I hope you can read the excitement in my words because this is huge! He is such a big boy. I was worried he might wake up this morning and decide to protest the sippy. Nope-I walked in to get him up this morning with a cup of milk and he went right to town. I got him up changed him and he drank while I changed him and then I took both of my kiddos down to the kitchen table and fed them breakfast together! WOW-that was a bit surreal as well. Now he is a little boy:( I am torn between my emotions of being happy he is growing up and that he did this so well and being sad that he isn't my little baby again.

Eating together and "talking" while they ate! So fun to watch them!
Drinking to finish off his meal!! So proud of him.


He did awesome all morning today, napped well this morning, ate lunch awesome, and as of afternoon nap he had 4 ounces down! He had a rough afternoon nap and the afternoon and evening was a bit rough. He cried if we weren't with him and doing anything with him. He would drink, cry, play, cry, and start all over! He ate dinner great, cried some more, played a lot, and then about 6:45 drank quite a bit. I gave him a bath and knew he would want his bottle right after-and he cried. I read him a book and then he played with Justin and Taegan for a bit while I showered. He drank a ton while I showered and I would say he drank between 10-12 ounces again today. No bottles today either. I have packed them up for the garage sale!!!!

They are with Grandma Becky tomorrow while I have training and I hope he continues on this great path!

No comments:

Going Strong...


Priceless...