Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Brutal Honesty

It's time. It's time that I face the fact that my body just isn't what it was before I had kids. And it isn't going to magically go back to what it was before I had them. So, that means that as the owner of this body I get to do the leg work to get it back where I want it! Boo-but it's time. I have two amazing kids that look up to and will look up to me as they grow up and I want them to see the best in me. I want them to know that Mommy is healthy, active, and wants to be here for the long haul for them. I want to play with them, race them, tackle with them, and show them the right way to eat.

There is no denying that I have let myself go over the last 3 years and now it's time to turn this ship around. I know this is going to be SO hard. I am going to go through food withdrawals, caffeine withdrawals, struggle to get motivated with exercise, and making excuses. But I can't. I can't give in, I can't look back, I have to move forward. I have to do this for myself, Justin, and the kids. I am not healthy right now and I am not happy right now. I have to dig deep and put everything on the line. One of the hardest parts is going to be turning down things and staying strong...so if I turn you down for something don't be offended. Just know that I am working hard on me and will be back when I am stronger. I am asking for support from anyone and everyone because I have never devoted my whole self to doing something like this.

I am going to be taking pictures through my progress and I hope this helps me and will inspire others to do something about themselves if they need to. This will keep me accountable and invested in this process.

Here I am today at my biggest weight...which I'm not going to reveal because I can't dig that deep yet. Thanks for your support and willingness to help me when I need it! I am looking to Justin for encouragement because last fall and winter he lost 40 pounds so I know it can be done. He will actually be working on losing more with me through this...and I will NOT get discouraged when he loses more than me for the week or month!!!!

This week I am starting with cutting back my calories and stopping all pop intake!!!! Baby steps...

1 comment:

Mom said...

Angie - so proud of you! You will get there I know it. If you promise to give me what for while I go through is journey once again now that I am finally feeling better I will do my best to assist you also! My goal is to work 5lbs at a time and not to look at the big picture right now, baby steps.

I love you, Mom!!

Going Strong...


Priceless...