Wednesday, January 11, 2012

8 months old...

Laekan Harper-I wish you knew how much your Daddy and I love you and enjoy watching you change everyday. Just tonight we took Taegan to Cubbies and we just sat in your room and played with you. It really did my heart good to not have anything else taking my attention away from you and I just soaked you in. You are growing up so fast and I look back tonight as I write this and wonder where the last 8 months have gone. At this time 8 months ago I was holding you for one of the first times and sharing you with your sister-what a night that was! Somedays I want to rewind to that moment and take you all in again-but then I remember that I like my sleep so I will stay where we are:) Here is what you are up to as of today:

*You are wearing 6-9 month clothes, 9 or 12 month jammies
*You just had a Dr. apt yesterday and you weighed 21 pounds 6 oz-BIG BOY!
*You are on your last pack of size 2 diapers then onto 3's! Still in size 3 at night.
*Same schedule for eating and sleeping
*You are eating oatmeal with fruit for breakfast and some mixed stuff at dinner. We tried eating at lunch too, but you weren't drinking your bottles as well so we stopped doing that.
*I think we are onto something good though-we have made the holes in your bottle nipple bigger and you are liking that a lot! This could be the key to get you to eat faster and to eat your lunch bottle with food as well. We will see.
*Naps are going well in the morning and afternoon-keep it up!!!
*You have started waking up some mornings around 6 or so, but as long as I leave you alone you will put yourself back to sleep!!! Good boy.
*You are doing better about actually getting 28 ounces in everyday.
*You are eating puffs much better and are able to get them to your mouth all alone.
*You had a great Christmas and really weren't interested in it at all.
*You have also tried pasta noodles-which you love, corn-which you weren't excited about, and some bread.
*You are on stage 2 foods and I have some 3 foods here that we will try soon. You are a great eater.
*You love sitting with your drawer of toys and playing. You will play and play and then get your sisters attention so she will play with you.
*You have started "talking" to us. We all eat dinner together at the table and you will just yell out and then Taegan will yell back and you both will go back and forth. So funny!
*Just tonight you went from rocking on all fours to sitting up...we cheered and cheered for you!
*Sophie and your blankie are still your go to things that we need to take everywhere with us.
*Taegan is so over the moon for you and is so excited for you to become mobile-she has no idea what she is in for.
*You will say "mama" when you are mad or crying. I'm not sure you know exactly what it means, but Daddy thinks it is a good reason for me to take care of you:)
*You are SO happy all the time-we love it.

Rocking on all fours-determined to crawl soon.

Happy, happy little man in a cute workout outfit and Nike's!

We are working on getting you to stand on your flat feet-you like to only use your tippy toes.

Thank you Daddy for helping with the pictures this month!!!


We adore you Laekan and love you to pieces!!! We are so excited to share this month with you.

No comments:

Going Strong...


Priceless...