Monday, July 4, 2011

A huge Thank You!!!

I am interrupting my 4th of July posts to write a very important message...to our parents! Today Justin and I got a chance to go to Kansas City and spend the day together at Worlds of Fun just the two of us. It was such a fun day and one that we really needed. We have been working on getting things on a great schedule around here at home and we haven't had much time to spend together. We are pretty focused on the kids and tend to forget to focus on each other. It is not anyone's fault, it is just life and that is what we are getting used to. I did however really want to try to get away for a date and our parents stepped up for us. We took Taegan and Laekan to Becky and Greg this morning and headed out. They played with the kids and took great care of them. Then my Mom and Dad went over and picked them up after lunch and kept them until we got back to town.

We are so lucky to have such great parents that want to spend the day with our kids and do it willingly so that Justin and I can have a day together. I have been having a hard time leaving Laekan and it seems to be getting a bit easier each time I leave him. Taegan adores both sets of grandparents and I am so glad about this. I look forward to all of them being very active in her life and with Laekan. They are super lucky kiddos that have such supportive family.

So, THANK YOU Mom, Dad, Becky, and Greg! We love you all and are so blessed that you love our kids so much and are eager to spend time with them. They will always know how much you love them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We love spending time with the kids. We love you. Love, Mom and Dad

Going Strong...


Priceless...