Thursday, July 22, 2010

1 week...

One week from today I will be in Las Vegas having a great time with some great friends!!! As excited as I am about all of that, I can't help but be reminded that I am going there because I am turning 30. WOW-30??? Am I really gonna be 30 in a week? There are somedays when I think that it is no big deal, and then there are other days that I step back and think about all the things I have done in my 30 years. I really want this to be a great year and one that I embrace rather than dread because, well, it means I am getting older!!! So to help myself feel better I am going to make a list of all the things I feel are important that I have done so far in my 30 years!! Here it goes-
*I was born to two amazing parents that loved and took care of me-and still do!!!
*I graduated high school, and being the total nerd that I was had only drank once by the time I left high school. I am proud of that actually and I hope that someday Taegan has the same values. I never did drugs and have still never touched drugs.
*I went to college for a semester and realized that I had totally rebelled and needed to pull myself together and come home. Best decision I ever made.
*Went back to college after working 3 jobs for 9 months.
*Graduated college with a 3.8 and was on the Dean's List for a 4.0 for a year and a half.
*Got married to what I believed was my soulmate and moved back to Topeka.
*Got a job teaching 4th grade at Indian Hills and LOVED it.
*Made one of the hardest/painful decisions of my life and got divorced at the age of 24.
*Decided to get my master's degree while going through the divorce-best decision.
*Met and married my true soulmate on the beach in Jamaica...no words to describe how perfect that was.
*Graduated with my Master's Degree with a 4.0.
*Gave birth(which I swore I never would) to a beautiful baby girl, Taegan.
*Made it through 7 days of Taegan being sick and in the NICU as soon as she was born.
*Being the best Mom to her for 26 months now.
*Making it through the first year of me being a stay at home Mom with one income.
*Joining a new church that Justin and I enjoy and we feel very comfortable at.
*Taking Taegan on family trips and loving all the memories we make with her.

It feels good to look back at this list and know that I have accomplished a lot. I look forward to my 30s and hope that even more great things happen! But for now-I still have one week in the 20s to enjoy:)

No comments:

Going Strong...


Priceless...