Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Cold, Allergies, Pink Eye...?

Well, Taegan has decided to throw us for a loop right now. Since last Wednesday she has been having 6-7 dirty diapers a day. That all stopped on Monday(which we were glad), but now she has just started with other adventures. The doctor suggested last week that she may be teething and that is where the diapers are coming from-but to just let it run it's course. So we did. Sunday she started getting a really matted eye that was watery and red. I did not think anything of it until it started to really get gross and so I assumed it was pink eye(being around it enough to know). I put a call into the doctor Sunday night that they were supposed to return-NO CALL. I stayed home with her Monday thinking I would have to take her in because she was also running a fever. My doctor called Monday at 7:30 to tell me that if it was pink eye they won't treat it so just keep wiping it clean. They said she would not be contagious once the stuff coming out was gone. Okay-super!! So Monday she was a happy little girl with an itchy eye. But nothing was slowing her down. So we sent her to Grandma Becky on Tuesday morning and the babysitter in the afternoon because she had broke her fever Monday morning and no more eye gunk! I went to pick her up yesterday afternoon to find a fussy baby, with gunk in her eyes, itchy her eye like crazy, and just not very happy! That is not like Taegan at all-so I was worried about our evening. She was great when we got home-eye very red and itchy and still some gunk. Slept great and I had to wake her up this morning. She could not open her eye at all-matted shut. And she had developed a wet cough-geez!!! No fever, so off to daycare she went with me to check up on her. I call at 9:45 to find out she is feeling great. Sleeping, no red, itchy eye, and has not had gunk in it.....this leads me to believe she has been blessed with ALLERGIES!!! Just like her momma-and when I mentioned that to the doctor she thought I was crazy and said if that was it, they don't treat those until age 2! Wonderful-I know from my own experience that allergies are worse at night and in the morning. So, now we just get to see if she gets better when I get better. Poor thing:(

No comments:

Going Strong...


Priceless...