Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday Taegan McKenna!!!

I can't believe that my little girl is 2 today!!! Where has time gone? I can still remember this day 2 years ago as though it was just yesterday. What a great day that was-and scary as well. Sometimes I wish it would have been a normal birth and delivery, instead of her being sick right away and having to go immediately to the NICU. After 7 days though she was ours to love and hold forever. What a ride it has been and the ride is getting faster everyday. We celebrated last night with Justin, Taegan, and I for her birthday. We went out to dinner to Famous Daves and she cried when they came to sing Happy Birthday to her! We opened up presents and even made a special trip to the Toy Store to let her spend this gift card they sent her in the mail(it was 3 dollars!). Then we came home and played outside with her new bubble mower while I picked weeds! We are headed to Kansas City today just her and I to shop and get some new bedding for her new "big girl" room!!! We are repainting the office and moving her over there because it is bigger and transitioning her bed from a crib to the toddler bed. I'm not sure I'm ready for that, but we are hoping that she is:) We are also beginning to tackle potty training-wow! We have her big party on Sunday and I will have lots of pictures then. For now here are two:

Her nails painted for the first time.
Opening her first birthday card that came in the mail!!!


No comments:

Going Strong...


Priceless...